Thursday, September 20, 2012

Step by step


I truly wanted to keep up on this blog last week, but got carried away with some other projects that are going on right now.

I officially have transitioned the family to raw food. YAY!!! BUT,  have encountered some battles. My oldest is not as open to eating raw as my youngest daughter. I really wish I could just make it "click" with the oldest. Those of you out there that have teens that love raw over cooked meals - you are truly lucky.

I am going to keep at it with her. Hoping that she won't be so obviously disappointed every time it's meal time.

My youngest adores everything that we have tried. Which totally gives me hope. I also make sure with our dinner meals that a sweet raw treat follows to kind of bribe them into the raw food world. Those treats have all gone off with out a hitch! Of course.

My other problem with my oldest is her school cafeteria options. Oh my!!! They have 2 slush puppy machines & serve movie style popcorn! What is it a 7-11? I really don't understand how these are good lunch time choices. I'm kind of disappointed of the menu there. It's such a trap for teens. If it's up to them to make their food choices, I'm pretty sure they'll go for the easiest quickest thing there - which isn't a good thing.

To keep us going, we are trying new recipes daily!
Which has been so fun. It's always something new, which in the past we totally would get in "easy" meal ruts.

This was one of our first meals and was so fantastic. Raw cauliflower korma!
I actually put the cauliflower in the food processor to make cauliflower rice, then put the korma sauce over it. It would have been a great one to eat using a romaine lettuce leaf as a wrap. If you do the recipe - don't forget to soak your raw cashews first! (approx. 1 hr)

No comments:

Post a Comment