Monday, September 10, 2012

Change ahead!

My little bonita banana.

This photo was taken a long time ago. When my daughter was interested in wearing costumes everyday and we weren't all that concerned about what we put into our bodies.

If I had known what I know now! How often have you said that to yourself?

Last night my youngest daughter and I watched the first 40 minutes of the documentary
 Forks over Knives  (It got late and it's a school night after all!).


After seeing the first 10 minutes of the movie, she was very effected. She decided that the whole family needs to start eating raw.
Immediately!

I had told her that maybe we could wait till October 1st? Because we will starting the Green Smoothie Breakfast Challenge with everyone from the trailer...
Nope - She can't wait that long.
We have to change our diet now.

Our quest together, is to pull a menu together for this week so we can start our new way of eating as a family. We are officially going raw!

I am hoping with a great menu the transition will be seamless.

I have gone "raw" before (For lent this year) & what kept me going was the planning ahead with the menu. Going raw does require a lot of "pre-soaking" of nuts. I found that "winging it" no longer was a option for meals for me. So I do think pre-planning is the key to success and a well thought out menu.

I'm ready for this change!
 Let's just hope she is!

Are you ready for a change?
Maybe you should consider watching Forks Over Knives, if you haven't seen it already.






No comments:

Post a Comment