Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Banana time?

We have a lot of smoothies on our menu that contain banana's. I personally like what they do for the smoothie - They make your smoothie thicker, creamier and sweeten it as well. Not to mention how awesome banana's are for you.

But, I have encountered many customers who shy away from the banana's in their smoothies. For one reason or another - calorie intake worries, allergies and some people just out right can't stand the smell or taste of banana's.

You banana dis-likers!

But, banana's are so great for you:

We are in the midst of trying to get a new winter menu into gear and I have been trying out recipes to appease the people who do not like banana's, so we can have a few more offerings on the menu without having to exclude the banana's from an existing option on our menu.

As much as I am drawn to banana's - my goal today is to try out a few recipes for the folks who can't handle the banana's.
I came across this rather scary article about people not liking their banana's browning. What?!!!
The article is titled, "The Fight Against Brown Banana's With Crab Shell Compound". YUCK!
Just another reason to buy organic!

Oh my! Even the dancing Chiquita Banana lady knew that your banana's are better for you, when they have flecks of brown on them, I guess she is from simpler times (1940's). Thems'were the good 'ol days!




2 comments:

  1. I love them when they are ripe anyway. Loving that natural sweet taste... thnx for letting me know that they're even healthier that way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the riper the better!

    It's sad that people think just because it's brown it must be bad! If your banana's get too ripe to eat... you can always make this fantastic grain-free banana bread from Healthy Pursuit! It's awesome! Enjoy!!!

    http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2012/06/grain-free-banana-bread/

    ReplyDelete